Become a Member
We encourage anyone who is interested in addressing issues of sustainability and hunger in our community to join us. Our mission is to develop creative and sustainable solutions to social and environmental problems inherent in our industrial food system. Specifically, we are developing a community of engaged fruit growers and gleaners to provide fresh fruit harvested locally to Contra Costa based hunger relief agencies.
The cost of membership is $50 annually. These membership fees will help us to cover annual operating costs of insurance, fuel, and maintenance of our truck and equipment.
Benefits of membership include:
- Access to consultation and classes about the care of fruit trees at a rate 15% less than non members;
- Access to purchase of high quality fruit trees at preferred prices;
- Invitations to all Urban Farmer events including our annual summer party and annual winter holiday potluck;
- First priority gleaning of your fruit trees;
- Invitation to participate in seasonal harvesting groups and access to the fruit you help glean.